We are looking for a Production Manager to manage the procurement and production of direct marketing programs. Candidate will oversee and coordinate production schedules, print specifications, estimates, budgets and billing. Programs include traditional direct mail (printing, inserting, data, personalization and postal), fulfillment and the execution of certain online programs.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter with the best time to reach you to email@example.com.
- Oversee all production activities including print production, pre-press, personalization, lettershop and postal matters for assigned clients
- Work cross-functionally to manage the daily workload for complex high-volume, high-version direct mail programs
- Work with clients and account teams to improve current processes through increased efficiencies, enhanced quality, and reduced expenses
- Work with creative team and vendors to ensure optimal production solutions for new and existing materials
- Source all suppliers (or use client-designated suppliers) securing estimates, bids and negotiate final price and schedule
- Develop specifications, component charts, inventory reports, cost recaps, etc.
- Maintain vendor schedules and ensure critical dates are met
- Ensure compliance to all postal and automation requirements, track mail deliverability performance and improve economics and delivery performance through enhanced postal logistics
- Provide quality assurance on all proofs, lettershop audits and press checks
- Continually seek, research, present and implement new technologies, methods, processes, QC/audit procedures, etc. that enhance client programs
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years experience in print production, preferably in an agency environment
- 3+ years experience in direct marketing. Experience in financial services is highly desirable
- Knowledge of postal regulations and logistics
- Strong attention to detail and superior project management capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Strong analytics and computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Some overnight travel required, up to 20 trips per year
Send your info and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org